Sled dogs can spend as much time in their natural environment working without snow as they do with it. It’s a completely different experience than riding in a sled. Our Sumer Kart touring option allows guests to experience and interact with the dogs outside of the traditional winter environment.
Drive Your Own Team
OK this takes things to a whole new level. Experience Sled Dogs like you could not image. Custom made wheeled karts designed for running during NO SNOW months, dogs weaving you through the thrilling trails of Central Otago. Just you, a few dogs and a wheeled individual kart. These guys can really get things moving. Meet the dogs and then some instruction from one of our guides before you head out and take the reins of your own dog team.
Duration – allow 75 minutes for the complete experience which includes an introduction to the dogs, tuition and a run with your own dog team.
Tour Type – this is a Self Drive Tour with one of our Guides in support.
Numbers – one Guest per Kart, no passengers.
Price – $185.00 per person
Queenstown to Alexandra
- Departs – 0745 / Arrives – 0910 $16.00 (InterCity)
- Departs – 0915 / Arrives – 1055 $35.00 (Alpine Connexions)
Alexandra to Queenstown
- Departs – 1250 / Arrives – 1430 $30.00 Transfer Cromwell (Atomic Travel)
- Departs – 1515 / Arrives – 1645 $35.00 (Alpine Connexions)
- Departs – 1640 / Arrives – 1815 $16.00 (InterCity)
Pickup and drop off provided between the bus stop within Alexandra and UnderDog.
Please click here for detailed directions and maps.
Make a Day off it
Make a full day off it by enjoying the region and what it has to offer. Alexandra is set amongst some of New Zealand’s largest dams and most stunning rugged landscape. Enjoy a lunch at one of the many cafes or restaurants and maybe fit in another activity that showcases the region. Alexandra has a stunning bike trail system that can be explored through one of the many bike tour companies or maybe a winery tour.
If you are passing through Cromwell maybe stop at Highlands for some motorsports activities.
Kart Tour Details:
- Minimum age of children riding – 10 years old, however there are exceptions so please call and ask.
What to bring:
- Appropriate clothing for the days conditions and something you don’t mind getting a bit of fur on.
- Your camera.