While the “Basket Ride” gives you the opportunity to feel the power of a sled dog team from the basket, why not feel what it is like to drive your own team of Huskies through some breathtaking high country trails.
Your “Drive Your Own Team” tour starts with an introduction to the world of sled dogs, the equipment and of course the dogs themselves. Learn how to set up your own team and interact with the dogs while you learn the ropes from one of our instructors. Then it is your turn to take the team for a spin, taking command of your own team of Huskies and driving them along the beautiful trails provided by the Snow Farm. Nothing but the silence of the mountains and the sound of the dogs feet, their breath and your runners gliding through the snow.
Price – $245.00 per person
Seasonal Tour – This tour generally runs from July to late September. We will operate outside of these dates if weather allows.
Duration – allow 1 hour for the complete experience which includes an introduction to the dogs, tuition and a 30 minute daylight run.
Tour Type – this is a “Drive Your Own Team” tour (Self Drive).
Numbers – one guest per sled. Guests are not able to sit in the basket of a sled driven by another guest for safety reasons.
Mixing tours for groups – this tour can also be run concurrently with a Basket Ride option should your friends want a different experience. Please refer to the Basket Ride tour for specifics.
Location – this tour is operated out of the Snow Farm, for directions and venue details click Here
- Maximum weight – 100kg (please enquire about exceptions to this).
- Minimum age of children riding – 10 years old, however there are exceptions so please call and ask.
- A basic level of fitness is required (the ability to walk up a hill), however guides can assist in difficult sections.
- We provide the ride (team of dogs, sled, guide and stunning alpine trails).
What to bring:
- Appropriate clothing to keep you warm. This is the Southern Alps and weather can change rapidly.
- Your camera.